• Seidu Rafiwu completed a 383-kilometre walkathon from Techiman to Accra in 96 hours, seeking Guinness recognition
  • He submitted all evidence to Guinness World Records, provided requested documents, yet received no official confirmation
  • Frustrated by delays, Rafiwu appealed for national support, stressing his endurance feat symbolised Ghanaian pride

A Ghanaian daredevil, Seidu Rafiwu, has finally spoken out in frustration months after he attempted a feat for a Guinness World Records (GWR) recognition.

Seidu Rafiwu, guinness world reocrds, gwr, walkathon, ghana, endurance walker, ghanaian walk-a-thon
Seidu Rafiwu claims he had tendered evidence after his 96-hour walkathon attempt, yet Guinness World Records had not confirmed his achievement months later. Photo credit: Seidurafiwu. Image source: X
Source: Twitter

YEN.com.gh reports that the young man claimed he is still waiting for the official recognition from GWR following his attempt at the longest walking marathon.

In April 2024, Rafiwu embarked on a walkathon from Techiman to Accra (383 kilometres), covering the journey in 96 hours (four days). His goal was to set a world record and bring global attention to Ghana through endurance sports.

Walkathon Seidu awaits GWR recognition

Speaking in an interview with a blogger, Rafiwu disclosed the process he had gone through after he attempted and accomplished his feat. According to him, after submitting his evidence, GWR reached out to request additional documentation, which he says he duly provided.

Read also

Samuel Gidi: Accra-born Ghanaian footballer switches to Slovakia, gets national team call-up

Despite his compliance, he stated that he has not received any update or final decision on whether his attempt met the requirements. The delay has left Rafiwu frustrated, as he hoped the recognition would not only honour his efforts but also inspire other young Ghanaians.

As he still hopes for feedback from the GWR, he further appealed for support and visibility so that Guinness World Records would prioritise reviewing his submission, emphasising that his achievement was not just personal but also a matter of national pride.

Subscribe to watch new videos

Hilda Baci to cook largest jollof rice

In a similar story, Nigerian celebrity chef and Guinness World Record holder Hilda Baci has announced plans to cook the world’s largest pot of Jollof rice on September 12, 2025, in collaboration with seasoning brand Gino.

The pot, measuring six metres wide and six metres tall, will be part of a record-breaking cooking event that she describes as both a cultural celebration and a unifying moment for West Africa.

Read also

Zaacoal CEO recounts using law school fees to start his charcoal company, video

hilda baci, jollof rice, gwr, guinness world record, ghana, nigeria, cook-a-thon
Hilda Baci to cook the world’s biggest pot of jollof rice. Image Credit: @hildabaci. Image source: Instagram
Source: Instagram

In a new viral video, Hilda was seen testing the massive six-metre-wide and six-metre-tall pot with the help of her culinary team and representatives from popular food brand Gino, her official partners for the project.

Hilda, who gained international fame with her 100-hour Cook-a-thon in 2023, said this challenge goes beyond food, showcasing Nigeria’s traditions, music, and culinary pride.

Owusu Ansah breaks Lock-a-thon world record

YEN.com.gh had earlier reported that Chelsea-Abigail Owusu Ansah, a talented hairstylist, has been confirmed by the GWR as the new record holder for the most heads of hair locked.

Chelsea-Abigail braided 27 heads in eight hours during her lock-a-thon attempt on Wednesday, March 6, 2024.

The hairstylist, who is the CEO of Yoga Locks, will officially announce her record to Ghanaians on Saturday, September 7, 2024.

Chelsea-Abigail told YEN.com.gh in an exclusive interview about what she intends to do next after her GWR success.

Source: YEN.com.gh





Source: Yen.com.gh

YEN